Thursday, June 23, 2011

Day 12: Azofra to Grañon

  
A picture before and after sunrise! And no, the picture on the right was not photoshopped (I dont have the time to anyway)

Me (oddly pointing) at my buff. We both used it to cover our noses to protect ourselves from the nasty manure smell.

Our spanish Pepe (not that he could ever be replaced, but...) Dont they look alike!

  
Lighting a candle for all of the people who sent along intentions with mom (You know who you are) in the Cathedral of Santo Domingo de la Calzada. On the right is a picture of the 2 chickens that are kept in the church as a tradition since the 1400s, theres a wonderful camino legend that I am too hungry and tired to tell about, but you can google it. ;)

We must be pretty desperate that we would air out/rest our feet on the side of the street.

A view with four tiny bikers in the distance. Everytime they whizz past us we wish them a flat tire >:(

  
Staying in the bell tower of the church in Grañon. I had my first camino miracle here! One of the volunteers was from Japan, and she had just made a plate of sushi! The day before I had told mom that I wanted sushi, and she had told me it would take a miracle to get it :)


Two pictures in one to make a panarama of the very top of the bell tower where we hand washed and dried our laundry.


A view from one of the windows in the tower.
  
A view of the pilgrim dinner from the loft where we slept.

SHOUT OUT TO ALL MY BALDWIN FRIENDS!

Thank you guys sooooo much for reading (even if you guys havent figured out how to comment lol). I miss you guys so much and it really helps me keep going knowing that you have my back and that you are rooting for me :) Love you! <3

1 comment:

  1. You guys are amazing - I LOVE reading about your journey! Hope your Mom is feeling a lot better. xo, Veenita

    ReplyDelete