Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Day 9, leaving Logroño

Please know that there is a reason for my exciting pose. If you look EXTREMELY closely you MIGHT notice that my life in a bag has been replaced with a small daypack with water and snacks. Mom and I were both very happy to have a day without extra pressure on our knees!

A church on the way out of Logroño

Pictures from the lake beside the path.                What appear to be black lumps in the water

                                                                     are actually some of the biggest fish I have ever seen in my life!

Why yes, yes that is a squirrel eating a cookie out of my hand. We were walking past a man on a bench in a wooded area when we noticed something fluffy on the back of the bench. The man informed us that this wild squirrel was tame, and gave me some cookies to feed it. Easily the best part of the day!

Views from the Rioja
Standing outside the 11th century cemetery. I cooled off in the sprinklers and we met up with our two friends from Sweden.
A great day! Thank you again for reading and commenting :)


Laura: I think you have to make a blogger account to comment ;) Love you chica, have fun at MacGuffin! Say hi to everyone for me!

3 comments:

  1. YAY! It sounds like you are enjoying the "spirit" of the camino!! Admittedly, the physical part of it hurts sometimes... Take good care of your mom, Gaby. It's harder for her.

    Ultreya, chicas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an exciting journey so far!! It's wonderful how many people you've met, sights you've seen, and the many stories you'll have to tell! Love seeing you and mom enjoying the good times and I hope each experience energizes you to the next. You're already into the 2nd week.....woohoo!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that first photo up at the top is one of my favorites so far from your trip. You look like you're ready to go skipping down the street. :)

    ReplyDelete