Sunday, June 19, 2011

Day 6: Puente de la Reina to Villahuerta

Leaving Puente de la Reina! We saw our Australian friend Daniel again while heading out of the city after stopping to grab our lunch for the day.


After coming up a steep hill we came upon a fence with crosses woven into it. There were hundreds (all made by pilgrims) so I decided to add one of my own.

After ANOTHER hill we reached Lorca. Mom and I hugged and cheered when we came up the hill to see the church, and I "took a rest" for a while. We almost stayed here, but we ran into our Irish friend Andy who told us about a new age place with hammocks about 5 km further down the road. I don´t know why, but I heard "Hammocks" and kind of freaked out. I decided that we had to stay there, so mom and I ate a snack and continued on to Casa Magica.

On the way to Casa Magica we encountered a sleeping pilgrim. We later found out that one of our new friends from Casa Magica was the sleeping pilgrim! We exchanged emails so we could send her the picture. You can see her in the top right sleeping in the shade.

When we arrived we not only found it to be beautiful and totally my style, but we were also greeted by many cats and a huge great dane! The first thing we did was shower, and there were four showers in a row. Andy (ireland) and our new friend Jose from Miami were in the other two showers. We all ended up singing a chorus of the American national anthem, Danny boy, and  Jose and I each gave a solo :D
Everybody chipped in 3euros to buy ingredients for dinner, and our canadian friends cooked it all! We ate around this table.

As promised, there were hammocks! We spent a lot of time napping outside :) well, I did anyway (mom washed the clothes)

As it turns out, our new Brazilian friends could play the guitar (very well) so I sang while he played. We ended up staying up till 11, and if that doesnt sound too late, it is about three hours past our camino bed time and we had to get up at six the next day to walk.

Sad to leave :( this takes the crown as our best camino night so far, and probably ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment