Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Day 4

This is a picture another of me at the albergue we stayed in last night, it was so nice! Getting ready to hike the 16 miles for that day.


Look carefully behind the single skinny tree. That black shape is actually a horse! We came up a hill and when I looked around the corner I saw a black horse casually laying down in someones tiny yard. He didnt even bat an eye as we passed by and came up to the wall to take a picture. NEVER before had I seen a pet horse acting like a dog in a small yard.


We came up the path to see about four cows lined up infront of a small barbed fence. A little cow greeting party! The cow wasnt the slightest bit scared of me and didnt even move as I climbed closer to the hill, so many tame animals here!


A small donkey we met. Turns out he was already on his way back to France from Santiago!


This is one of the first streches of path along the highway


Today we met up with our Finnish friend Leyena. We stopped to have lunch with her yesterday and we walked the rest of the way to Pamplona with her after we saw her at lunch again today. My little energy drink was what pulled me through this last leg of the trip haha.


The Welcome to Pamplona sign in the outskirts of Pamplona





 Made it! So happy to have made it to Pamplona, it was a long 16 (about) miles. We are staying in a hotel tonight -I get to soak in a tub. YAY!-, but we are going to miss all of our friends! Excited to get my rest for tomorrows hike :)

5 comments:

  1. I am loving every word... and photo.
    So many great memories!! Keep 'em coming, and buen camino!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just thinking the same thing! Love to read the updates!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gaby, as stated above...loving every day's entry. The pictures are wonderful and the stories as well. By the way....when are we going to see your mom in a picture?? Enjoy your bath tonight!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am also looking forward to your hearing about your daily adventures and wondering why no pics of Mom??? Enjoy your bath tonight, you deserve it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm happy to see you smiling in the pics and I'm really enjoying the posts!

    ReplyDelete